Sunday, May 12, 2013

1st Grade Mothers Day Project

This year I made this project with my first graders with the help of the first grade teachers. The students were ask to choose the "Best Part of Me" and then I photographed it close up. The teachers worked on the writing part in class. Students wrote a few sentences about the "Best Part of Me" and we copied the finished writing on card stock after shrinking it down some. This allowed the students to write big, which is easier for them, and then we just shrunk it down when we printed it on the copier. After printing the photo and the writing I mounted them on decorative paper to create a border. We allowed the students to choose either sepia or black and white for the photo and this determined the type of paper I used to mount the photo and writing on. After mounting the photo and writing I mounted them to a big 12x18 paper either brown or black depending on the photo. Lastly I laminated them to protect them on the way home. Once the project was complete students took these home the Friday before Mothers Day.
 
Ava Olson

Vincent White

Cohen Jordan

Gavin

 Jordan Black
 
Chase Black

Jackson Jitma

Jeffery Adkins

 Will Geer
 

 Garret White
 
Karly Hensley

Ally

Michael Lunsford

 Kenyon Collins
 
Reece Harris

Kenna Spurlock

 Reese Dunlap
Hayden Smith

Brody Reynolds

Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment